Books by Series:
- Good Reads – General book list site. Many lists differentiated by genre and interest.
- Shelf Awareness – A online newsletter, published twice weekly that chooses the 25 best books of the week as chosen by industry experts.
- Book Browse – An online magazine for book lovers. This resource contains reviews, previews, author interviews, reading guides and more.
- The Book List Center – The Internet’s largest collection of book-lists.
- Booklist Online – A website featuring thousands of book reviews for libraries,book clubs and book lovers alike.
- Early Word: Books into Movies and TV – Upcoming Releases – A list of books that are being made into upcoming television and movie projects. Read the book before the movie comes out!
- Oprah’s Book Club – Reviews, book lists and articles from Ms. Winfrey and her ever popular book club.
- New York Times Best Sellers List – A list of the best selling books in the country compiled by the New York Times.
- Los Angeles Times Book Review – Reviews of new books by reviewers at the Los Angeles Times.
- NPR Books – Non-fiction – A list of nonfiction books and reviews published on the NPR website.
- Stop, You’re Killing Me – A resources for those who love crime, mystery, thriller, suspense and espionage books. This website lists over 4200 authors with chronological lists of their books.
- The Mystery Reader – This is a website that has thousands of reviews, author interviews, features and more. The Mystery Reader is a great resource for those who love mystery stories.
- The Edgar Awards – This site is home to the Edgars, an award given by the Mystery Writers of America. Past winners and nominees can be found listed here.
- The Agatha Awards – The Agatha Awards are given for the best “traditional mystery”. A list of past nominees and winners can be found here.
- Historical Novels – Over 500 book reviews of historical fiction novels listed by time and place.
- Crime Thru Time – A web site with book lists, reviews, timelines and information about upcoming releases. This is a site exclusively for those who like their historical fiction in “whodunit”form.
- SF Site – A website filled with reviews of science fiction and fantasy books as well as news about the genre and interviews with writers.
- The Hugo Awards – Presented annually by the World Science Fiction Society, the Hugos are presented to the best science fiction stories from the preceding year. A list of past winners can be found here.
- The World Fantasy Awards – An award presented annually for works of outstanding fantasy fiction at the annual World Fantasy Convention.
- YALSA’s Teens’ Top Ten – A top ten list of books from the previous year, nominated and voted on by teens themselves.
- YALSA’s Great Graphic Novels for Teens – A web page featuring lists of recommended graphic novels for teen audiences.
- Teen Reads – A teen book website designed for teens and featuring reviews, book-lists and feature articles.
- Read Kiddo Read – Author James Patterson’s site devoted to getting kids reading. Includes book lists organized by reader’s age and category.
- Newberry Medal – The site for the prestigious Newberry Medal award, given yearly to the most outstanding work of children’s literature. Past winners and honor recipients can be found here.
- Caldecott Medal – The website for the Caldecott Medal. The Caldecott Medal is awarded annually for outstanding illustration in a children’s picture book. Past winners and honor books can be found listed here.
- Bram Stoker Awards – An award given every year for superior achievement in horror fiction. Past and recent winners and nominees can be found listed here.
- Spur Awards – Awarded yearly by the Western Writers of America, Inc. to the best western books of the previous year. Past winners and finalists can be found listed on this page.
- RITA Awards – Awarded yearly to the best romance books published in the preceding year. Website includes a list of past winners.
More than 11,000 digital records from the following CDLC member’s NY Heritage Collections are now available
Other quick searches: