The goals of this policy are to:
- Protect the rights of individuals to enjoy the benefits of library facilities, materials and services
- Protect the rights of library staff members and volunteers to conduct library business without interference
- Preserve library materials and facilities from harm
- Ensure the safety of library patrons, employees and volunteers
In order to meet these goals, these guidelines will be enforced:
- Behave in a lawful manner.
- Respect others’ use and enjoyment of the Library. Swearing, talking in a disruptive manner, fighting, running and otherwise impeding the ability of others to enjoy the Library are not permitted. Cell phone conversations should take place in the lobby.
- The Library is a place for people to feel safe. Verbally, visually or physically threatening or harassing other patrons, volunteers, or staff, including stalking, staring, lurking, offensive touching, obscene or offensive gesturing are prohibited.
- Take reasonable care of Library property.
- Refrain from smoking or use of smokeless tobacco products.
- Be appropriately attired, including shoes and shirts.
- Food may be consumed in designated areas. Drinks must be covered.
- Animals, with the exception of service animals or animals who are part of Library programming, must be in carriers or in arms.
- The above Code of Conduct is not intended to be a complete list of expected behavior. The Library Board, the Library Director and Library staff reserve the right to take appropriate action against any other behavior which can reasonably be deemed to be offensive or disturbing to Library patrons or staff, including expulsion from the building and the loss of library privileges